MIDDLE QA ENGINEER
StarOfService is a marketplace for services. Our product is adopted in 140+ countries worldwide. Our vision is to build the largest marketplace for services in the world and become number one. The mission is to “Democratize access to services”. StarOfService in figures is: +1100 services 850,000 professionals 5M projects / year worldwide
The QA Engineer we are looking for will be focused on project success, team sustainability and growth. The main focus will be on evaluating our web and mobile products. They will participate in communication with other teams and departments, contributing to and taking decisions regarding software testing strategies and approaches.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a real passion for software testing as a part of agile software development. In this role, you will be working collaboratively with developers, designers, product managers, BI analysts to help ensure the delivery of high-quality products through the application of effective testing and automation techniques.
As a QA Engineer you will do:
- Testing our own web and mobile products through a combination of both manual and automated testing techniques;
- Creating and following through on test plans, including writing and executing test cases;
- Regression testing on existing product versions;
- Bug and defect handling, analyzing deviations between the defined and the actual functional behavior and reporting bugs. Root cause analysis.
- Collaborating closely with other agile teams to ensure integration of components;
- Playing an active role in our software development approach by attending team ceremonies, contributing inputs and opinion to planning activities, reviews and retrospectives;
- Taking the mission of helping developers to grow in testing culture (to do evangelization & education of testing to them);
- Defining a plan for your personal development in your own area and pursuing this with the support of your manager.
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a QA Engineer;
- Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents;
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data;
- Proven experience in defining test strategies, test design and test execution for software product development;
- Knowledge of agile testing concepts and practices combined with practical experience of their implementation;
- Capability and experience in working collaboratively with others to achieve a shared goal;
- Hands-on experience in Mobile Application testing (React Native);
- Good knowledge of Selenium and a good understanding of DOM;
- Experience in API testing (REST, GraphQL);
- Good knowledge of SQL, able to build and run basic database queries as needed for testing purposes;
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Doker.
AS A PLUS
- ISEB / ISTQB certification at foundation level;
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or related field;
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration / continuous delivery;
- Shell scripting and Linux commands.
- 100% remote full-time contract;
- Competitive salary according to the qualifications;
- Opportunity to work in an internationally established startup well-known worldwide;
- Opportunity to influence the quality of the product, improve processes and implement your ideas;
- Building a product that’s used by thousands of users;
- Rapid self-development and learning;
- 25 paid vacation working days per year;
- Paid sick-leaves;
- Training activities and educational courses;
- Expertise, smart, friendly Team to help you rise to the challenges.
You can contact us directly through:
- Skype: shvetsolga.p
- E-mail: email@example.com
The application process is very simple and doesn’t require doing test tasks or any other time investments:
- Step #1: Fill out this form: http://tiny.cc/l6kqsz. We will check your application and will contact you ASAP if your profile meets the requirements of the position;
- Step #2: Interview with HR manager;
- Step #3: Technical interview with QA Team Lead.
- Step #4: Final interview with CTO (final meeting to discuss and finalize contract terms/payment terms etc.)